Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Something Beautiful


Sometimes you just need to read something lovely and tender. Don't you think? This week, I have been following a blog that you won't be able to stop thinking about. Scroll down, and start reading at Love ~ Chapter 1, and work your way back up. It is tender and moving. inspireco

You must, must at the very least, explore her lovely blog.

Every now and then, it is nice, even necessary to remind yourself that there are beautiful, selfless people in this world. After reading this story, you will find a new confidence in , it's difficult to put it into words, what I want to say is that you will be reminded that there are still people who will give out of the goodness of their hearts, but that's not right either, maybe the simplest is the best. There are still really good people out there. We just aren't always aware. We don't know who they are, because it's a quiet life they lead. The newspaper business doesn't trade in telling the best of human nature, that isn't news, but it is the thing that we read daily.

What I want to suggest is that we put some effort into balancing all of the "news", with beauty.

I try to surround myself with beauty daily. One of my favorite Bible passages, that I really, truly try to live by is:


Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true,
whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure,
whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report;
if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise,
think on these things.
Philippians 4:8


I'll read this tomorrow and probably will correct the rambling, but tonight, I wanted to at least put the suggestion out there. What do you say?

Vintage Image courtesy of FreeVintageImages.com

1 comment:

  1. When I was younger, my parents always told me to think about this passage whenever I wondered if something was worth doing or having. So, so wise...

    ReplyDelete