Saturday, August 1, 2009

What just happened?

Do you know what just happened here? I am boggled and confused, and I don't think I know what to do! Our baby just flew the nest! We are empty nesters.
I suppose, you will say that technically, we're not new at this, but this time it's for real! Certainly, Sam has been away at college for four years, but during that time, he still, technically, lived here. Even after the graduation, and then the wedding six weeks ago, technically, he lived here. They can't have campus housing at Princeton for even a few days yet, but today they left. They have begun their cross country odyssey, and wow! Am I ever jealous!? In a few days, we'll send their furniture and household goods after them. How exciting! How wonderful! What a grand adventure! But, they don't live here anymore, and we are, really truly empty nesters. We're all embarking on untested waters. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. my very special friend, I send to you this invitation..........
    JUMP IN THE WATER IS GREAT ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't exactly empty-nesters; all of your hatchlings have managed to fill you garage pretty well. Love you.

    ReplyDelete