Sunday, March 27, 2011

Vintage Bird Collage

Do you mind terribly if I repost an old one? Currently, I am recreating this for a couple of really special people who have asked . . . :) I keep opening the photos to double check details, and am so enjoying the process all over again. I am ready to attach the doors . . . just need hinges. Having way too much fun over here! Thank you for indulging me.


Originally posted July 9, 2009


This project was such a blast! The theme for the swap at The Vintage Dragonfly Studio was, Vintage Bird. The size of the collage itself is 5"x 5". I haven't received the one that is being shipped to me, yet. But this one is my submission.


The glass window panes are a whopping 2 1/2 inches square.


The edge is a page from an ancient German language book. I did not deface the book! Honest! Someone just happened to give me the page, at a class. Isn't the font lovely? A pearl rests in the gold wire and antique print nest. The little silhouette is cut from the same text. It's positively ancient and very brittle. That's a vintage locket displaying a bit of quail egg set on green velvet. Les Memoires d'un Oiseau ~ loosely translated, The Bird's Memories

6 comments:

  1. This is incredibly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, you are soooo talented. Hey, you are justa blogging and blogging. Good for you. Have a great week. Hugs, sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such beautiful work Debbi... I think you should consider teaching. I know the customers at Gilding The Lily would certainly love a class creating something as wonderful as this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbi...the Vintage Bird is absolutely exquisite! I agree with everyone...you are so very talented!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this piece Debbi. Catching up on your post!
    robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh you make cool stuff! thanks for joining our swap!

    ReplyDelete