Saturday, March 19, 2011

Collage Class

I have just taken a wonderful class with an especially talented instructor {and friend}, Rhonda. She's teaching a beeswax coated collage technique . . .
Her artistic guidance and skill, are lovingly and generously shared with her students . . .

Rhonda has other classes scheduled at The Empty Nest in Oakdale, California . . . just in case you can't resist, either . . . :)
My camera decided to take a mini vacation at exactly the same moment I decided to take photos during class yesterday . . . sigh . . . I'm happy that it's back on the job today, but I don't have photos of the other class projects to show you . . . only mine. I'm sorry about that. They are really beautiful.
This collage has a definite naturalist theme . . . based, as it is on one of my favorite childhood books {and still, though childhood is kind of long behind me}, Freckles, by Gene Stratton Porter. If you have ever read it, I just know you'll understand! Oh, and Rhonda hand-painted the trees/branches for me! An extra special touch, from an extra special friend. I really love it! I'm hoping you do!
The birds in nest image is courtesy of The Graphics Fairy.
I've linked to The Graphics Fairy Brag Monday, here. {sheepish grin}

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Love it!! Great Job. Going to go and check out Rhonda's site....keeping fingers crossed she does online classes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful. I'm over from the Graphics Fairy. Following you now!

    ReplyDelete