Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pearly Pearls for Girlie Girls


"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls off a string."
~ unknown


I am taking a class in pearl stringing. I made this necklace! It's a gift, for someone special.
Just like a little girl, I was hopelessly drawn to the pink pearls for my next one. Couldn't help myself. {grin} Sometimes a woman just has to embrace her inner little girl.

Added: March 10 ~ It's a week later, now, and the pink pearls have been strung into a necklace. we used a slightly different technique than last week. My Mother was the recipient of that first string. Since my Mother-in-law isn't online, it's safe to tell that I think I'll string a necklace for her upcoming birthday. And I have daughters! I am looking forward to spoiling all of my girls with the luscious things!

My girlfriend Julie says I'll be dripping in pearls. Maybe all of us will. Sounds like fun to me!

1 comment:

  1. What lovely photographs. The pink pearls are simply stunning! And I love the new blog banner- So beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete