Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A New Heart for Tammy

When I think of all the times in my life that I have uttered the words, "Bless your heart" . . . 
 

This is a wonderful photograph of my beautiful friend, Tammy Lumpkins.  Tammy made history today.  She is the first person on the West Coast to leave the hospital with an artificial heart. {And one of only 22 people in the country.}

Tammy and Dale

  I have been posting prayer requests {on Facebook} for Tammy and her family, especially for Tammy, for months now . . . isn't it beautiful to see the fulfillment!? 
  
Thank you, Keck Hospital USC, and Dr. Michael Bowdish, {a cardiothoracic surgeon at Keck Hospital} for caring enough to do something about it.
 
I couldn't tell her story better than Anna Gorman, Los Angeles Times has:  An artificial heart offers a real chance - latimes.com



Photos Borrowed from LA Times Article above ~
(Genaro Molina, Los Angeles Times / November 8, 2011)
 
Please continue to remember Tammy in your prayers.
 
~Much love!~


Another terrific article from the Hospital's website: 
Home is Where the Heart is.

This article from the local CBS news includes video . . .
Tammy leaving the hospital
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Tammy and her family are on my prayer list! Thank you Debbie for asking for prayer.
    Love you, sandi

    ReplyDelete