Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Favorite Things

These are a few of my favorite things. They really do make me want to sing and dance about.
My Gene Stratton Porter books. . . and other wonderful things.

There is a quote in The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society that I think describes me nicely. . . it is meant to be a portrait of Elizabeth of the story, "She was a noticer. . . for all the shelves are lined with shells, bird feathers, dried sea grasses, pebbles, eggshells. . . They're just bits that were lying on the ground, that anyone else would step over or on, but she saw they were beautiful and brought them home." Grandma Seastrand's sugar jar stuffed with a lifetime of shell seeking.


A precious gift from one of my girls :)


I just can't help but collect feathers when I see them. The pretty yellow feathers are from Zach's 19 year old cockatiel. Sometimes he will toss a couple out of the cage for me. The egg shells were collected from our lawn.



The old sap bucket started out as a repository for my spare flowers, but they looked so pretty I kept it for an arrangement!
The buttons were Mark's Grandmother's, too. Aren't they beautiful when they're framed?
I bought the the little shelf at an antique market. Need one? I have a couple extras!


4 comments:

  1. That's grand-mum's museum...OOOhh AAAhhh!!!....these were Liam's exact words...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to have a sleep-over just so I can sleep in that room again! Is it just me or is the air in that room sweeter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful... your photos, as well as that amazing quote...

    ReplyDelete