Monday, June 20, 2011

Birthday Treasury Shadowbox Swap


While I have a little breather, from, what I like to call our Summer Party Season, let me show you a little teenie bit of what I've been up to! I have just participated in a Birthday Treasury Swap designed by Amy Powers of Inspire Co. Wasn't it just the bestest idea!?

We purchased these Tim Holtz Configurations {this is where I bought my shadow box}, filled and decorated them according to our swap partner's taste {I hope}, and shipped them off!




I know that Amy went to a great deal of trouble to match us up with someone compatible. . .
because I gave her a little trouble . . . a result I am certain, of my usual problem, tmi. :)




I was thrilled to discover my assigned partner was somebody that I already admired! Heather from Speckled Egg . . .


You know that soldering is kind of my thing . . .



So doors came into being. Poof! Just like that!


{and the bottle and charm . . . I can't help myself!}




{The little copper nest contains pearls eggs. Of course, I made it, silly.}




and then there's that nature thing . . . I kind of think Heather and I share that . . .







I tried to personalize some of the trinkets. . .



Heather's birthday is represented here, really it is! . . . it's just in kind of . . . almost a secret way . . . ;)





I like this quote . . . it defines a part of me . . . and I suspect a little of Heather . . . Gosh, I sure hope it does, anyway!



"She was a noticer. . . for all the shelves are lined with shells, bird feathers, dried sea grasses, pebbles, eggshells. . . They're just bits that were lying on the ground, that anyone else would step over or on, but she saw they were beautiful and brought them home.". . . The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society . . .



Thank you for the wonderful opportunity, Amy! I absolutely loved this!


Thank you, Heather for playing! I have just loved every minute of it!

6 comments:

  1. ohmystars!
    this is
    a.maz.ing!!!
    what a
    treasure,
    indeed!
    you are
    a gifted
    soul.
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful!!!! The doors are such an amazing touch. I'm sure Heather is in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Debbi! so glad you stopped by to visit me. I LOVE the box you made for heather. it is wonderful. And, I LOVE your blog. and I hope you dont mind if I borrow the quote about somepeople living in a dream world and some in reality. I too think the same as you! a foot in both worlds. My son recently told a friend of his at easter time, not to mind all the easter decorations then told him "not to mind my mother because she lives in a fairy tale, in fact.. shes probably riding on a pink easter chick right now!" I loved it! I kind of think he was trying to be a little mean and sarcastic, but I thought it described me quite nicely! lol!
    anyways.. glad to have met you and I'm looking forward to more visits!
    xo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I just LOVED it!!!!
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Debbi, I could sit and look at this for hours noticing all the little details. What a magnificent box of treasures and how clever you are to put doors on it - cool.
    Thanks for sharing this with the Stamp Man for our 'Anything T!m' challenge.
    Have a great day.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - fantastic. I have one of these to make, but I think its going to be a winter project!

    ReplyDelete