Sunday, February 14, 2010

Amour Valentine Swap

I joined the Amour Valentine Swap . . . oh, some time ago . . . thank Goodness! . . . or I would never have accomplished it. Here's the way it worked; each of us was to; 1. research our swap partner's blog for hints about the things that make her heart go pitter-pat . . . 2. embellish a heart shaped box hopefully to her taste, and 3. fill it with trinkets, designed to, well . . . tickle her pink. I hope I have accomplished my task . . .

Can you tell that the top is a sheet of glass? That is a gen-u-ine antique Valentine {the gold and white heart}, at least it's really, really vintage. I bought a pile of them last year from a girlfriend's antique booth {Betty Sue's}, naturally . . . the good stuff would come from a friend. {Kindred spirits and all.}

The image of the birdies and their sweet nest is a duplicate of my antique German scrap.

And you know, now that I think about it, it's a good thing that the glass glitter is under glass . . . it's safer in there. That stuff hurts in the fingertips.


Now for the fun. I loved this glass chandelier 'crystal'. Don't you think my partner will be able to do something wonderful with such a nifty treat?


She likes pink . . . and vintage . . . and these are definitely qualify for both.



I simply could not resist a little bit of pink and sparkly.




The package also includes, those wonderful old pink buttons, exactly as I found them, strung on pipe~cleaners, a yard of rhinestones, a lovely little pink, pressed glass bud vase, a crystal paper weight, and some scrapbooking goodies, pink, of course. I hope she enjoys her gift as much as I do mine.


A little glimmer, and little sparkle, a little bling . . . oooh, isn't it nice to be a girl?


. . . like to take a little tour of the other participant's blogs?
The following is a Blogroll of all 66!
Lovely ladies! Do visit their blogs . . . and tell them you've stopped by!

Sheila - Faded But Desired Treasures
Melissa - Piney Rose
Janet - Janet's Creative Pillows
Debbi - Debbi Thinks Deep {That would be me}
Deborah - Deb's Vintage Soul
Trisha - 3 Three and Under
Vera - Olivia Paige's
Gail - The Sassy Beach
Rhea -Miss Rhea's Sweet 'n Shabby Roses
Sandy - Hobbnobbers
Sarah - My So Called Junky Life
Eleanor - A Bit of Pink Heaven
Jenny - Fated Follies
Linda - Country Pickin's
Joyce - Scrap for Joy
Julie Ann - Kitchen Floor Creations
Stephanie - Rose Petals and Rust {My Sweet Swap Partner}
Carol - Songberries
Terri - The Glittered Nest
Lisa - Lisa's Craft Boutique
Chastity - One Woman's Haven
Cindy - Angel Heart Designs
Tracey - Magical Kardz
Mary - Vintage Patina
Jacalyn - RME Boutique
Mary Jo - Creative Vintage Cottage
Lisa - Pupylov
Lori - Ruffles, Ribbons and Roses
Valarie - Glittery Daze and Nights
Karen - Secondhand Rose
Jayme - Flaming Biscuits On The Farm
Elyse - Tinkered Treasures
Lisa - Pale Pink and Roses
Shannon - Shabby Shan's Cottage
Vivian - Viv's Whimsy
Kathy - Lil Bit Old, Lil Bit New
Stephanie - Crowns and Pearls
Nancy - Coeur d'Alene Gifts
Karen - My Desert Cottage
Tammy - Home in Virginia
Ramona - Better Than We Deserve
Cathy - Treasured Heirlooms {Our Hostess}
Pam - Treasures-N-Textures
Sherry - Sherry's Rose Cottage
Laurie - Mermaid Treasures Art
Sue - Suzeeez Home Sweet Home & Tranquil Garden
Andrea - Andrea Tarling
Hannah - Mike & Hannah
Meg - Vintage Garden Home
Nancy - Its Raining Pearls
Josette - My Gramma's Soul
Angela - Henny Penny and Chickies
Melissa - Abigail's Pocatello
Cassandra - My Artful Adventures by Cassandra Van Curen
Renee - Vintage Recreations
Lorena - Rose Chic Friends
Amy - Paper Trails by a Paper Lover
Stevie - My Art Canvas
Jennifer - Jennifer's Petal Palace
Shirl - Shirl's Rose Cottage
Lulu - Lulu Kellogg
Jill - Cottage of Memories
Crystal - "La Petite Maison De Colibri"
Hayley - Nesting Notions
Nicole - Gibby's Girl
Bryanna -The Canary's Cupcake

Would you like to see what came to me from Stefanie {at Rose Petals and Rust}? Now . . .
you will likely notice that it isn't pink . . . or any other traditional Valentine color. This is because my partner wanted to know my favorite color, and she worked from there . . . wasn't that the sweetest?

This beautiful pin, in all it's gossamer glory, was boxed in . . .



The loveliest of blue and white, specifically Robin's Egg Blue, heart shaped box . . . which by the way, was quite deep, and even still . . . hadn't the capacity to contain all of the lovely trinkets and gifts that she sent!

the bow embellishment


Can you make out the vintage ceramic heart box in the background? Isn't it all so lovely? There were also two precious cupcakes {which I will provide photos of when they arrive in my inbox, because they are gracing the shelves in my baby Granddaughter's nursery}. Don't miss those precious tags! Stefanie is a woman of many and wonderful talents!
Wasn't this fun?

Please, by all means, if you find an error or omission in the blog list, a typo, or a broken link . . . leave a comment or email me so I can get it straightened out. Thanks!

22 comments:

  1. So very pretty! This was such a fun swap, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 'tis nice to be a girl!!!
    Love your post. deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This swap was soooooo much fun! Love your post! Happy Valentine's Day!

    Hugs,
    Jacalyn
    www.rmeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a wonderful swap. Lots of Amour to be shared!

    Happy Heart Day!
    LuLu♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. The box you made is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I can't imagine cutting that glass to fit! Happy Valentine's Day!

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. The box and vintage scrap are my favorite part. Happy Valentine's day.

    karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely box!! Did you cut that glass to fit by yourself???

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    Vera
    Olivia Paige

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning girl-y box you made for your partner! I bet she's overwhelmed.
    The little birdies are the sweetest ever, and I DO love the heart- shaped rubber stamp! She will surely spend pleasant creative hours with what you sent!
    Happy St. Valentine's Day,
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! I picked Pink too! You have some sweet treasures there!! This was fun! Glad to have met you!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. This swap looks like so much fun! Happy Valentine's Day to you.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! What fun this was! I had a blast! Can't wait untill next year to do it again
    Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!
    hugs sassy gail www.thesassybeach.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a amazing box! Love it! All your goodies were perfect too! You've such a lovely site I'll return during the week to visit! Have a sweet day! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  13. This swap was so much fun! I love the box you sent and the one you received! Thanks for sharing!

    Shannon
    Shabby Shan's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello!

    you both created amazing boxes for each other! beautiful!!!

    happy valentine's day!
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  15. it was a fun swap, and I KNOW I will love my box for years!!! thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, so nice to meet you! Happy Valentines Day! Wow your gifts that you received are just beautiful! I love seeing the different ways all the heart boxes have been decorated! Enjoy your day of visiting Valentine Amour Swaps, this was so much fun! A big thank you to our sweet hostess Cathy!
    Have a Happy Valentines Day.
    Blessings to you! Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those boxes are gorgeous!! I love that vintage glass valentine - holy wow - it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for sharing all the photos of the swap. The boxes are just beautiful...It was a fun swap, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such pretty boxes!
    Happy Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What you sent and what you received was wonderful! You sure have a gift with great photography too! Glorious Eye Candy!! Thanks for Sharing! Meg

    ReplyDelete
  21. ohhh wooow 2 very increadable box both stunning.
    love tracey xxx

    ReplyDelete